WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger and is one of the most popular android apps among the youth. This application is used for exchanging messages, pictures and much more at no cost. This application works with your 3G or WiFi internet connection but doesn’t charge anything for sending audio, video, text messages or pictures etc. Best part is that there are no international charges also, so it makes you stay in touch with your friends and family where ever you go.
What is new in this Version?
- A critical bug is fixed for media upload or download.
- Group chat limit raised to 30 people.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
- Improvements in video recording and playback.
1. Completely Free
This application is completely free. I doesn’t charge you a single extra penny for local, national and even international exchange of messages, images, audio and video files. You can chat with your friends for whole long day or send any number of messages at no added cost. All you need to do is, download this app once. It uses the same internet connection which you use for web browsing or email exchange and keeps you stay connected to the world without any hidden cost.
2. Multimedia and Group Chat
This applications enables you to share pictures, send videos and voice notes to your friends. You just need to have that video or audio file in your mobile, go to the share options and click on whatsapp option and then send to your friend. Its quite easy with whats app. You can go to chat option and chat with your friends and even make a group of less than 30 people for group chatting. You can even customize chat preferences from settings.
3. No Need to Add Friends
Whatsapp messenger automatically uses your phone address book to connect you to your contacts. It automatically displays the contacts who are on whatsapp or using whatsapp in its list. It works flawlessly with your existing address book.
4. No Log in/Log out, Pins and Usernames
Forget about log in, log out, Pin or usernames. Whatsapp works with internet connection and is always connected. You don’t need to create any username or pin, you just need to use it like an SMS application from the phone. It gets integrated smoothly with your phone and make things simpler for you.
5. More About WhatsApp
Whats app enables you to share your location and exchange contacts. You can customize wallpaper, notification sounds, Broadcast or MMS to many contact in one go and much more. It is a feature rich application which is favorite of millions around the world. It also saves your messages offline in case you miss your push notification or your phone is turned off and retrieve them when you use whatsapp again.
This Application has Access to the following:
- Your Accounts: App is allowed to use the authentication credentials of your account and act as account authenticator. It can perform different operations like adding or removing accounts etc.
- Hardware Control: App is allowed to record the audio by accessing the record path and it can also control your phone vibrator.
- Services that Cost you Money: App is allowed to send SMS and call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious apps may send messages make calls without your confirmation which may cost you alot.
- Messages: App is allowed to receive and process messages due to which malicious apps access them and can delete them before you read.
- Network Communication: Allows the app to have full internet access.
- Personal Information: Allows the app to read log data which can give general information about what you are doing with the phone, your private and personal information.
- Phone Calls: Allows the app to access phone features like determining the phone number, serial number, whether the call is active and much more.
- Storage: Allows the app to modify or delete the storage of USB and SD card.
- Your Location: App can access coarse location sources and fine location sources to determine tablet location due to which malicious apps may find out where you are and take undue advantage.